The wooly green (and sometimes even hairy looking) monster that loves to make itself at home much like an uninvited guest is mold. We find it lurking in secret spots and snacking on our organic substances like a bowl of popcorn at the movies. But where does it begin?
Mold has the lovely ability to move in anywhere moisture and oxygen is present. It feasts upon organic substances and builds a not-so-nice colony of friends. So where do you being to look to catch it in the act? Here’s a list of 8 common places you should keep an eye on for mold growth:
- Underneath kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Basements, Attics, and Cellar areas that my have had flooding or moisture growth.
- Behind and underneath your refrigerator
- Behind and around any walls that contain plumbing fixtures
- Around your air conditioning and heating units
- Under carpeting or flooring that may have become wet
- In and around any stacks of wet papers, cardboard, and drywall.
- Around wallboard and windows that may leak or collect condensation.
If you have checked these spaces and places in your home only to discover that the unwanted houseguest we call mold has moved right in, contact us today at Guardian Mold Prevent. Our certified mold professionals are equipped with the ability to rid you of your moldy pest, guaranteed! Give us a call today – we can help you throughout the Chicago area! Serving Tinley Park, Orland Park and surround suburbs.