Here at Guardian Mold Prevent we strive to provide you with the best mold-free environment possible. But, have you ever wondered just how you can work towards preventing mold growth in your home from the start? Take a peek at our favorite 10 “Keep” list to keep mold from intruding on your healthy home!
- Keep moisture at a minimum in your home for moisture control is the absolute key in mold prevention!
- Keep all areas of your home dry. If an area becomes wet or damp, be sure to dry the area within 24 to 48 hours.
- Keep an eye out for condensation collecting on windows, walls or pipes. Clean up any excess moisture immediately.
- Keep roof gutters clean and check for need for repairs regularly.
- Keep your indoor humidity below 60 percent relative humidity, setting a goal for maintaining a 30 to 50 percent relative humidity.
- Keep running that bathroom fan while you shower to reduce the humidity in your bathroom.
- Keep the ventilation in your home moving by opening doors and/or windows when applicable and utilize fans.
- Keep air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean, being certain to keeping the drain lines open and flowing properly.
- Keep the foundation on your property from water collection by making sure that the ground outside slopes in the opposite direction, leading water away from your foundation.
- Keep moisture-producing appliances ventilated, such as your
clothes dryers and stoves.
For More Information
If you have discovered a moldy growth in your home, or would simply like some more information on mold prevention, contact us today at Guardian Mold Prevent. Our certified mold professionals look forward to assisting you in keeping your home a mold free zone.